Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Hey Lloyd, I'm ready to be heartbroken

I'm sitting at home watching bad daytime TV. I'm that bored. "Why?" you may ask, "Why would such an awesome fabulous person like you be sitting at home with nothing to do while you and all your friends have the day off school?"

Well, I had plans to hang out with Russel Nick. I never get to see him (since he lives in Russel...) and so today there was this big plan that after Nick's sleepover with Geoff, Geoff would drive Nick into the cty and Nick would hang out with me until my work. I was excited.

So the next thing that happens is that Kirsten wants in on the fun in Russel and asks her dad if she can sleepover and in a stunning display of Kirsten's dad being so unpredictable, he said yes. As did Nick's parents. So then Alex decided to join in too. Apparently I was invited at some point, but I honestly do not remember ever having been invited. Because I would have said yes.

So I hung out a bit with Nick after my exam yesterday, we finalized our plans for the real hanging out to be done the next day. He went to write his exams and then have the party I wasn't in on. I called that evening and they were having too much fun to talk to me, which felt great. Today, after my class was done, I called Nick to see where he was at. Here is our conversation.

Me: Hello?
Kirsten: Hey Evey it's Kirsten. Oh... man... we just woke up... here, I'll pass the phone to Nick so you can talk to him.
Nick: Hi?
Background: *laughter and sounds of making breakfast*
Evey: So... what's happenning?
Nick: We just woke up... so...
Evey: I finished my class and you're still in Russel, so I guess I'll go home and we'll meet up later?
Nick: Um... I think the consensus is everyone wants to hang out here and play Starcraft and cards and stuff...
Evey: So, I don't get to see you today?
Nick: I don't think so, no.
Evey: Great.
Nick: I'm sorry, I promise we'll hang out soon.
Evey: When? You know there's no time we can.
Nick: Yeah... I'm really sorry.
Evey: Your loss.
Nick: I know.
Evey: No. Really, really, your loss.

There's more to this story but this blog is a little public to tell it right now. If you want full details, add me on msn. Or AIM. Or whatever.

So my advice to you is: next time you have to go to the DMV, you'd better bring along your wings.

2 comments:

Jonah Comstock said...

I'm sorry Evey. : (

La belle fille said...

I'm so sorry Evey. I know how much that sucks. I love you!