Wednesday, January 10, 2007

The time has come, the walrus said...

This is one of those posts that needs to get done.

Lots of people read my blog. That's great! I love it. I am in no way discouraging people from doing that. However: lately, I find myself censoring what I want to write, because I don't know how people will react, who will read it, etc, etc. This has been bugging me. Because I started this blog so I could talk and you could listen. This isn't meant to be a democracy people. It's a Evey-ocracy. Which means: I talk, you listen.

I have decided that I'm going to go with that and stop censoring myself. Sure, there are some things I'm not going to write because it's REALLY too much information, but things that happen in my life that I want to discuss? They'll go down here.

Why this sudden change of heart? I finally talked to my mom. We had one of those conversations where I grit my teeth and come right out and ask her something that I'm convinced she's not going to like and will lead to a very awkward conversation. But it didn't lead to that. Instead, we had a great, un-awkward conversation in which I came to realize, yet again, how cool my mom is. And if my mom can be that cool, why can't my lovely readers?

So if you're someone who thinks they shouldn't have read something on my blog, you are pretty much wrong. I'm not going to publish secrets or things I don't want my mom to know (well... not big things) because that could have a way of getting back to her. You don't get back what you put out on the web.

So enjoy my new, self-censorship free blog. It may not seem too different to you, but it will to me. I hope uncensored me is even cooler than censored me.

PS: I'm having a bitch of a time finding a colour scheme to stick with. If you have an opinion on one you like that I do/have done, let me know. Because I have no clue what looks good.

2 comments:

Jonah Comstock said...

Yellow, Chartreuse, Traffic Cone Orange, and Plaid. Can't go wrong!

Nathaniel Cornstalk said...

Sorry I haven't read this in forever. I'm still around,though, listening to whatever you want to rant about.