Wednesday, July 21, 2004

[Insert witty title here] (Jonah is away, so I don't have anyone to help me think up good titles)

Today was a girl's day out.  Lauren, you are a terrible influence on me.  I bought WAY too many things (well, my mom paid for most of them).  I got 2 dresses at 'DEB's", and I am in love with them.  Oh, and can I say that I love Target? Okay, I will.  "I LOVE TARGET!"  I bought WAY too many notebooks and folders there today.  They have great stuff.  Anyway.
And after, we went to see "Sleepover" (which is the ultimate girl's night out movie) and then came home.  We also rented "Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen" to watch with dinner.
Right after we got home, the weather radio went off.  Right away, I was freaked out.  #1, It's tornado season in tornado country, and #2, I hate tornados. 
Everyone who lives here will say, 'Oh that?  That was hardly anything! You are so stupid!' See, I know that.  Actually, half of me knew that.  the other half wanted to barf and pass out in quick succession (I didn't, by the way).  But as the lightening got closer and brighter, I was so freaked out we had to stop the movie.
After the movie, the weather radio went off again, and I nearly had a heart attack.  Luckily it said only severe thunderstorm warning, and a warning for winds that could cause considerable damage, in excess of 60 mph.  My mind immediately said: TORNADO!
I went out onto the porch with my mom and Levi, and watched the storm, and finally I calmed down and Levi and I had "cousin bonding time".  This means that the only cousin I haven't had cousin bonding time with is Nathan.  I told you you should have let me French braid your hair Nathan, but did you listen? No.  So no cousin bonding time for you.
I'm leaving really soon, which is sad, because I love it here (excluding the tornados).  I'm not going to be able to stand being away for a year, so I'm working on that smile!
I will see Nathan and Jonah and Uncle Dave before we go, though.  We're going to go visit them at Triennium in Lafayette (did I spell that right?) on Friday and have dinner.  That's good.  I was sad that I wouldn't see them for a year, and now I'm seeing them again.

Addendum: Everyone who is friends with Jonah watch Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen.  Does she remind you of anyone?

"Don't point your finger at crazy people" --Girl, Interrupted.




No comments: