Tuesday, August 02, 2005

"Um, should the engine be making that noise?"

So, I am home!
I would have posted earlier, but I have been at Avery's house almost full time since I got home.
Gettysburg was awesome. We had a guide in our car (thanks for the suggestion Comstocks). It was sad to be away from Indy though. I cried a good portion of the way to Gettysburg. My mom kept trying to hold my hand or whatever, but it was exactly the wrong thing. I just wanted to scream "You aren't helping! At all! You just drove me away from the place where I was so incredibly happy. Leave me alone." So Gettysburg was somewhat tainted with some moping. I did feel happy carrying my lightsaber around in my purse though. (I showed it to Ave and Mackenzie, and they spent half an hour opening it and closing it again.)
We then had our time in Massachusetts, which was fun (Shout out to Ned if you're reading this! Blogger is jsut as good as LJ!). I got a nice tan at teh beach. Spent way too much time playing Lego Star Wars :P (so fun!). But I felt like "I don't belong here." and I was very ready to leave.
But then I thought about going home, and imagining myself at home, and it seemed to foreign. I realized the only place I wanted to go was Indy. That was very sad, knowing the only place I wanted to go I wouldn't see for a year.
On the way home, we broke dow briefly in Vermont. Our car engine quit and the engine light came on. When the tow truck guy (Mike, pronounced Mike-ah) got there, we eventually noticed that a) the car would start again and b) we were completely out of oil. And we'd had our car serviced befoer we left Canada, and shouldn't be out of oil. Stupid Dow Honda people messed up. We put in the oil and the car was fine and got us home to Canada, which was good.
When I got home it was very sad. Being home was like "Wow. That's it. I'm home. For good." Well, yes and now. I was home, but spent most of my time at Avery's house. We had a girly spa day (Mackenzie gave me a french manicure) I slept over last night. We went to sleep at 5:30am. We were just not tired at all until then. we ate Honey Nut Cheerios on her porch at 4 am. It was fun. We slept in til 1 o'clock.
It's funny how little things can make you remember things and make you sad. My life is littered with little things that make me think of my visit with the Comstocks, and I hate it.
Hmm... I just wrote I hate it, and I didn't really know that until now. Funny what happens when you're tired and just write. I guess I hate it. I hate that I had to leave. I hate that we didn't have more time in Indy. I hate that I miss you guys so much. I hate... ah well. I suppose I really don't need to go on about all my angsty issues about all my friend south of the border just now. Suffice it to say, the current arrangement sucks.

5 comments:

chopstick_gurl said...

I MISS YOU, TOO!!!!!

Erin said...

LOVE YOU! Really, I loved getting to meet you, and don't worry. A year will be past before you know it. In the meantime, enjoy yourself! And forgive me if this double-posts.

Jonah Comstock said...

*hug!*

Anonymous said...

Good times end. We all wish they'd last for ever and ever. Maybe, though, good times end so that even better things have room to come into our lives. Maybe...just maybe...

Evey said...

I'm calling that last anonymous Hayley. Am I right?