Saturday, August 27, 2005

"Where have you been all my life??" ~ Alex Metz

There was a BBQ for all Studet Council members this morning at 11. I'm a member this year (only a convenor though, which is like a helper type person). I was one of only a couple convenors who showed up (I'm one of only a couple convenors who knows people on teh exec. It's useful to know them, and it's kinda cool to be like "yeah, I hang out with the seniors"). It was nice to see all my friends in upper grades, and talk to them. It was not so nice to have Sarah attached to my hip. *eye roll*
During the BBQ the Studco (Student Council) Exec (Executives) were using fabric paint to decorate their jump suits. Yes, jump suits. Also known as cover-alls. It's Studco Exec tradition. Because Enoch is one of the Co-presidents (Alex Metz is the other) there were a lot of jokes about putting really dirty stuff on the jump suits (Enoch has an incredibly dirty mind. It's jsut the way he is. He *was* after all, in the Planned Parenthood drama group "Insight Theater"). In the end it wasn't that bad. Gabe and Alastair, who are Director and Co-Director of Assemblies, put 'ASS' on their jump suit bums and 'EMBLIES' in smaller letters underneath. I bet the teachers are gonna LOVE that...
So anyway, they wanted more paint, so Alex Metz (the aforementioned co-prez), Yana (director of Night Events -- she put "We can go all night" on her jump suit, and managed to misspell "night" on her first try :P) and I went to get some more. We were in the Glebe (a section of town) so we decided to try Wallacks for paint first. To make a long story short, we ended up walking all the way to Staples and back, having a great time the whole way. I got made fun of for my Star Wars love (lol) and got promised a skit in an assembly, involving my plastic light saber and Alastair dressed up as a Jedi (btw, Alastair looks strikingly like Nathan to me, and now Alex and I have this joke about how Alastair is actually one of Nate's multiple personalities. ) Also, I discovered Alex shares my crazy love for school supplies. *sigh* I love them! (that's where my title came from. Yana just rolled her eyes at us :P). I had so much fun going to the store and back, but by the time we got back, they were pretty much done the jumpsuits already. And we missed the food.
After we got back, everyone started leaving, but I hung out with everyone for a while and then left myself and took the city bus home.
Since I was in the spirit of things, I started my grade nine calling list when I got home. I left a message for Jesse, and talked to Jamie and Tessa. Tessa seems awesome, I can't wait to meet her. These kids are the ones I'll be shepherding around on the first day, I believe, as well as a few others, so I'll have at least Tessa who'll be fun to talk to.
All in all: VERY excited about school, although sad that summer is over. After the BBQ today though, I'm ready for the new school year. I think.

LuckEdc: you can't have babies with my... er... fake magazine spouse!
ewings73: says you.

No comments: