Monday, July 11, 2005

"What's all the water?" "That's not water, it's the Founders in goo form."

So I am here!
After a year of waiting and hoping and praying (*breaks into song from My Best Friend's Wedding*, "Wishin', and hopin', and thinkin', and prayin'...) I'm FINALLY HERE. I and it's not like I expected. It's better.
When we pulled into te driveway, we jumped out of the car, leaving everything where it was, and went in the house. Uncle David was the first there, and he gave me a hug, and over his shoulder, I saw Jonah coming down the stairs. My heart starting beating all fast when I saw them, I was so happy. I missed you guys so much!
And then, it was just like we'd never left last year. We all launched into a game of euchre, and played until Jonah and I won against Nathan and Ellie.
Shortly after arriving, Nate and Jonah informed Ellie and I they had tickets for us to go to this concert with CPC's (Christ Presbyterian Church) Youth Group, which included seeing Marten with his girlfriend Kaylee (awesome to see a now 'old' Marten and meet Kaylee). It was an awesome concert, as well as the first one I'ce been to. It was more like a picnic, and I had a "corndog" (Canadian translation: pogo) and a funnel cake (America's crack at their own beavertail, but it's not as good, of course). The guy who sold Jonah and I the funnel cake thought we were dating, it was pretty funny.
The concert was good, except when the performers got all preachy. We're very glad you've found Christ, and that He loves everyone, but we really came for the music. Sorry.
Today, Jonah had summer gym, but that didn't affect anything becausee everyone was just getting up when he got home at 10 am. It's wierd not getting a jump on teh day like I do during school.

I was worried that things would be wierd, or awkward, since we'd talked only via AIM for a year, but there wasn't, not really. Jonah and I have started taking walks every night, wandering the neighbourhood, talking. It's really nice to just... hang out with them, not doing anything more than listening to the RENT soundtrack, or playing Super Mario Brothers Melee, or whatever. Just sitting, and talking, about whatever. In person. With hugs.
While the walking thing is awesome with Jonah, I really want to find someway to hang with Nate just him and me, because we haven't yet, and I'd really like to.
Upcoming events: Fantastic 4 tomorrow night, Dungeons and Dragons on Wednesday (w00t for nerds!), the so-called-by-Avery "topless" car wash on saturday (loooong story), . Oh, and Zoo on friday! And a party at some point if Jonah would get on it *ahemhinthintahem*

4 comments:

Evey said...

PS: the title is from watching far too much Star Trek: Deep Space 9 with Jonah.

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you have a super time with your cousins...it always seems like you have a good time. When you meet new people you're nice and friendly, and people like hanging out with you. You are very lucky. I know some people who are lucky just to get one phone call in the whole year that is not about homework; one invitation to a party in a year-if that; one or maybe two people who can stand hanging out with them for more than half an hour. If you think about it, you've got a heck of a lot of stuff going for you. Think about it.

Anonymous said...

Je suis ici maintenant!!! Je viens d'arriver heir soir de Paris. Je n'ai acune idee ou t'es mais je dois te parler en francais! C'etait le meilleur ete de ma vie! - Ashley

Anonymous said...

evie! long time no speak! great blog btw. i was just reading your fanfic first love... did you write anyothers and could you PLEASE update it? XOXO BRIE