Sunday, August 28, 2005

OMG! I know you!

I am currently sitting with my foot up, listening to any rock music I can find on my iTunes and smiling my head off.

I had a great day. My mom and sis went to a cottage thing, but I opted out and stayed home. Good thing I did, because it soon became apparent that I couldn't walk. I hit my foot a couple days ago, and yesterday there was a dark purple spot on my foot, and today it has turned into a blood blister that feels like I have a raisin under my skin. It's painful.So I sat at home all day, played with the colours on my LJ (as you can see) and watched Hurricane Katrina coverage on CNN. (yeah, I'm obsessive about weather. But I learned good stuff! Like, they moved the dolphins from Seaworld into a pool in a hotel that they filled with salt water, so the dolphins would survive. Cool, eh?)

After my mom got home, she announced that we were going to go listen to the Stone concert from the bridge. The Rolling Stones were kicking off their tour here in Ottawa, and so the concert was in a stadium right near my house. Also right near the Canal, so we stood on teh bridge over the canal and listened and watched the jumbo-tron. It was great. I saw my friend Ariana from grade school (we were in the same class for like, 8 years) and we chatted. She had her friend with her who, coincidentally, I also knew, and her exchange student from France. Ariana goes to France for 3 months in Feb. She's soo lucky.

Anyway, the sound was great and I saw tons of people I knew and had a great time talking with Ariana. It was great! Also, the stage MOVES! The stage in the show moves across the crowd so that it ends up at the other end of the field they were playing on! It was SO COOL. And it premiered right here folks. That's right, you saw it here first! *uses Tick Tock McLauchaln voice*

So I have my foot up in the air trying to take some pressure off it, and I'm going to the doctor tomorrow (my mom thinks I need a tetanus shot or something) so hopefully it will be gone soon and I can quit wearing multiple pairs of socks on one foot to cushion it.

Unfortunately: 9 days til school.

LuckEdc: you can't have babies with my... er... fake magazine spouse!
ewings73: says you.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Poor Evie's foot! Sounds like an awesome fun day though!

Nathaniel Cornstalk said...

Did they play "Wild Horses"? Cause that would make Levi really jealous.