Tuesday, August 16, 2005

"Sry, my comp logged me in while I was actually in another province" "Well, it was only trying to help."

Well, today was a day well spent.

I was woken up at 10 (too early for me currently) and then got in my car to spend a day at my mom's friend's house in Quebec! It's right on the river, and it's more like a cottage location than a house, but it is their house. I spent all day sitting by the river, reading and listening to music. Well, with a brief interlude wherein Ellie and I went kayaking (well, I kayaked, she rode in front of me) in the kayak, which we quickly discovered is infested by spiders. BIG spiders.
In other news, I get to go to a VIP changing of the guard ceremony on Parliament Hill. Well, VIP in that I get to go hang out in the VIP tent and eat free food (I love Ellie's godfather, always getting us in to stuff). Also tomorrow: free preview of the EX (read: fair that takes place in Ottawa and is cool but not that big), which will be found. That is the work of Ellie's godmother. Dang, that girl has connections.
Also tomorrow, however, I have to Babysit. I hate babysitting. I'm not around kids that much, and I'm always freaking out that something will go wrong, or the kid will get hurt, or something. I hate being in charge.
The next little while is going to be busy. I'm going to a cottage-type thing (it's part of this... resort I guess you could call it... I'm not entirely sure) for saturday and part of Sunday, then I'm going to the Huntleigh pool party/BBQ.
Monday-Wednesday I'm at modeling day camp (w00t! I'm going to be beautiful, dahlings) with Avery, hopefully.
Wednesday night-Friday night I'm going on a roadtrip of sorts with Louise. Her mom has business in Guelph and Lake Simcoe, so Louise and I will go along and spend Thursday in Wonderland (W00t!) [it's an amusement park, btw. lots of fun, I've been twice, but wimped out both times and went on no good rides]. We spend Friday doing who knows what at Lake Simcoe and get home that night. Should be so fun!

LehrerBoggs: I'm glad that I'm a quasi-successful anti-depressant. I can just see the ad campaign now: "Works in all of the continental United States as well as Canada!"

4 comments:

Erin said...

I'm with you on the babysitting. I was always afraid that I was going to break someone else's kid.

Anonymous said...

BOO!

Evey said...

It actually turned out well. It was pretty fun.

Anonymous said...

Did I scare you?