Saturday, January 01, 2005

Too many little sandwiches, scones, and brownies later...

Mmmm... New Year's tea. Yes, we actually have tea here. We used to have tea all the time with a couple my parents were friends with, only he died, so we stopped. Quite sad. It was so much fun.
So we decided this year to revive the tea party tradition, have it on New Year's Day, and presto! A new tradition is born. We ate little sandwiches (olive and cream cheese, tukey paté, egg salad, tuna pita pockets and cucumber and butter), scones (with strawberry jam) and brownies. Im so full. I don't see how the british do it.
Last night was fun too. Girl's Night In, with Avery. A big screen and projector plugged into her DVD player, and we watched mvies all night. We watched Mean Girls (with her little sister and her friend), Hidalgo, and I finally saw "The Empire Strikes Back" and I will see "Return of the Jedi"... eventually...
That still means I have yet to see the newer ones. Ah well, all in good time, I suppose.

You can go back to reading your Han/Laia fanfics now, Avery :P .

"Is it illegal to kidnap an entire family and send them to Canada via UPS?"

2 comments:

Nathaniel Cornstalk said...

I don't think I've ever actually had a scone...

Evey said...

really? My mom makes great ones.