Wednesday, January 19, 2005

If I were a pringle, I would totally want that hat

Okay, so I'm trying something new. Well, it's an old idea, which yes, I stole (or was inspired by) on Nate's blog, and he got it from Jonah, but it's still new to my blog (it must run in the family).

I'm writing a story. It's a good stress reliever, and doctor told me that being less stressed would be to my advantage. Plus, I just like reading, so bear with me. It may go well, it may suck. I hope it is the former.

Here you are, my story, which has yet to get a title (also runs in the family).

*****
Thay was wondering where the King's Horses and Men were going in such a hurry when she walked into the brick wall. Rubbing her squashed nose, she stood up and looked around. A whole company of the King's Horses and Men were heading quickly past her. She saw a captain she recognized, she called out to him.
"Hey! Jem!" A tall man in a blue and white uniform looked around quickly to see who was calling him. Spotting Thay, he guided his bay gelding over to her spot on the wall.
"What's going on?" Thay asked him, immediately putting on her business face.
Jem sighed muderously. "Another bloody Dumpty fell off the wall! The hospital is full of 'em already! This isn't what the the H & M is for!"
"Thanks for letting me know, Jem." Thay thanked him, her voice already souding tired. "Sounds like I'm going to be having a busy day." She checked her watch. "And it's not even nine o'clock yet." She waved to the captain as she walked off.
Thay headed swiftly north, toward the west wing of the castle. She checked her watch again, and swore softly. She was late, and all hell would break loose soon. Another Dumpty off the wall. That's three in the past month. Normally she would feel sorry for the sorry soul who had to deal with it. Unfortunately, that poor soul was her.
She waved absently to the receptionist at the front desk and flashed her badge that read "Assistant to Director of Inter-racial Affaires: Thay Hawkinson" As she walked by, the receptionist covered the phone reciever and called after Thay. "You've got the Herald on line one, KO on line two, and the Director is waiting for you in his office. I told them you'd be right with them."
"Thanks." Thay called behind her, not wasting the time to turn around. She swore softly to herself. Hell had broken loose, and she wasn't even in her office yet.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great story! You should continue it in little bits!
Let me know if you do some more :)

User 4519

Anonymous said...

Yes, I will be continuing it for a while. Just so you guys know, H & M is the King's Horses and Men, and KO is King's Office. I got the idea from PMO, Prime Minister's Office (Yay for the short-lived CBC show Snakes and Ladders! I love that show!)

Nathaniel Cornstalk said...

Great start, Evie! And thanks for the link. There's ghonna be some minor confusion, though - your character's name sounds a lot like one of mine. Aw well.