Saturday, January 08, 2005

A sonnet by me, to prove anyone can write a sonnet (including you, Lana. Get writing!)

Love Lines - by Wings

Around the room, turn faster, and faster
up and down together, all thanks to you
But then it stops, the ride getting slower
as i watch, the picture's lines grow bolder
you stand before me, your face showing true
you mirror the feelings i always knew
I want to tell you, but my words falter
your fingers trace my face, and i flutter
and you must know that im yours forever

Then i took your hand, but you withdrew
suddenly the room is so much colder
I look to your eyes, a chilling preview
I see our futur, now just a glimmer
the way i feel, isnt mirrored in you
then you walk away, the lines ever fainter...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is a nice poem, Evie. I do like it very much, truly. Somehow it evokes an image in my head. If you have anything else that you've written, poetry or prose, let me know. (Et vous savez que vous etes mignonne.)
--The Crazy One

Evey said...

lol, Evan. When my friend asked me, "Who is the Crazy One?" I immediately started laughing my head off. And I know no such thing.

Nathaniel Cornstalk said...

That's a really good poem.

Anonymous said...

Nice :)

X

Evey said...

X! Nice to hear from you! *laughs*