Friday, August 25, 2006

"I got dirt on my shoe, so tell me what I'm gonna do... Parade me around."

WHY IS NO ONE ONLINE??

I'm freaking out. Beyond feaking out. I feel like I'm going to puke and faint all at once.
People have already started to get called by Jenn to say if they're in Insight or not. Last night was our last night of summer training and the practices for the troupe start next week. 18 of 27 people are getting in. And they haven't called me yet, which doesn't mean anything because I know of two people who got called and one got in and one didn't. I really hope I get in. I'm kind of expecting to get in, but at the same time I can't imagine what it would be like to get in. I really hope I do though. This is the only thing I have right now that's mine. All my plans and stuff included Mike and he's gone now, so I had insight that was mine, and I really don't want to lose it. Plus I've made a ton of friends I don't want to lose.

I hope I get in.

In other news, I just finished Grrrl by Jennifer Whiteford. READ IT. It rocked my socks. It was so good. My soundtrack to the book was Pony Up!'s album "Make Love to the Judges with Your Eyes", because Jennifer, the author, recommended that CD to me as good breakup music. Not only is it good break up music, it's just great music to listen to. You should all listen to it. While reading Grrrl. And crossing your fingers for me that I'll get in to insight.

"The Truth About Cats and Dogs (is that they die)"

see how close i can get
to keep my socks from getting wet
parade me around
don't me get you down
i've got dirt on my shoe
tell me what I'm gonna do
parade me around

give my beat box a squeeze
bring me back to life
get me off my feet

give me a reason
send me a postcard
tell me your story
why are you so far
i'm cramming for nothing
i'm pushing on buttons
tell me why, tell me why
you're fooling no one

make my way down the back wall
you don't have to be there
to catch me I won't fall
now I'm sleep walking
but I'm fooling no one
hang in the alley
take naps from now on

sleep for days don't ever change
you'll be here in the morning just to hear me say...

1 comment:

Erin said...

Eee! I suppose it's a bit late to tell you to break a leg or anything, but let me know what happened!