Friday, September 01, 2006

I feel like, I wouldn't like me, if I met me...

I had two wierd dreams last night.

Dream #1
I was at my house and Suki was there cooking for me and my mother (Lorelai) and I think someone else, like Richard Gilmore. Anyway, Suki was cooking and had brought her Dragon snake with her because its eggs were hatching. This was a big ass blue snake and had a bajillion eggs. When they hatched, these fuzzy little chick-like dragony things came out. So we were trying to hide the giant snake and the babies and it was crazy. We kept losing eggs in the couch and we were trying to get them all so Suki could take them home. Very wierd.

Dream #2
I was visiting Nathan and Jonah at Wooster. I got sick of my life or whatever and so I took a bus to Wooster and went to see Nathan and Jonah. It involved lots of tours of this campus (at night) and someting about a waterfall and I went to a doctor's appointment at Wooster, and he gave me a report about my social life. Very wierd. I ended up sleeping in some random riverbed and then Uncle Dave showed up wondering if my mom knew where I was, which she did. It was very wierd.

In other news:
I GOT INTO INSIGHT! *dance*. We've had 2 meetings so far and also, the monologue I did will probably get into the show! I'm so excited. The monologue is below:

'Twas the night of the party, and all through the houseNot a parent was present, not even a spouse;

The keg was set up in the hall by the stairand the party was rockin’ by the time I got there;

The neighbours were nestled all snug in their beds,While “Empty” by Metric throbbed in their heads;
I was ready for fun when I stepped in the door
It was just like some parties I’d been to before

When out on the lawn there arose such a clatter
Drunks kicking garbage cans – that’s what’s the matter

Away to the staircase for a spot to sit down
Tore open my jacket and looked all around

The moon shining bright on the beer in my cup
Gave me courage to wait for my crowd to show up.

When what to my wondering eyes should appear
But a gorgeous blonde guy with a 6-pack of beer.

With a look in his eyes, so lively and quick
I knew in a moment he would do the trick!

More rapid that eagles his lines came my way
And whistled and whispered and called me by name

“Now darling, now sweetie, now heavenly star,
Now honey, now peaches… meet me at the bar

I joined in the chugfest just down the hall
Now drink away, drink away, drink away all!

And then in a twinkling I slid to the floor
Head spinning wildly, I crawled towards the door

As I reached the doorway, and tried to go out
Blonde Adonis beside me, removing all doubt

All dressed in blue jean from his head to his toe
His clothes were covered with dust from the street

A couple of cold beers were stuck in his belt
And he looked like friend, at least that’s what I felt

His eyes how they twinkled! his smile so divine!
His hand was so steady, clasped tightly in mine.

To the top of the stairs, to the room on the right
I stumbled inside and he turned off the light.

The room started spinning; I was swept off my feet
Music was pounding, as we moved to the beat.

And then it was over, I couldn’t remember
It lasted for minutes, or was it forever

My head was still pounding the music was gone
The knot in my stomach said something was wrong.

I looked round the room, in the early dawn glow
My clothes on the floor, I just didn’t know

I pulled on my jeans, I ran down the stairs
Beer bottles and ashtrays and barf everywhere

Outside I wander and wonder what will come next
What to do, what to say, what should I expect

And there in the Starbucks, lined up for a brew
My best friend, my buddy – Hey what should I do?

She buys me a coffee, she lends me her ear
She hugs me, she tells me, I’ve nothing to fear

And then what she told me, I remember today
“I’m here, and I’ll help. We’ll make it ok.”

2 comments:

Erin said...

Weird dreams! And very good Insight thing.

Jonah Comstock said...

We do have a sort of waterfall...
I think you should make it a reality and come to Wooster! And bring the Gilmore Girls; it'll be fun.