Friday, September 17, 2004

I have needed to do this for a while, but haven't gotten round to it yet.

I really need to thank everyone who has talked to and AIMed and emailed me during this past summer. Without you guys, I would not be as confident at high school as I am now. Or just in life in general.

Last year I had really bad self-esteem. I let the guys in my class pick on me. And I believed everything they said. I really believed that everyone hated me, and that I was fat, and annoying, and unwanted. Granted, I did have three awesome friends (thanks Annnie, Mia and Louise) but when they said that they guys were stupid and just being mean, that the things they said weren't true, I couldn't believe it. Not that they did anything wrong. I drove them crazy with my self-esteem issues.

But this summer I went back to Indy to see the Comtocks. I had lost touch with everyone except Marten, so I didn't knwo what to expect. But from the moment I arrived, they accpeted me. They really did. I felt like I was home. They really seemed to think who I really was was cool. I liked that. A lot.

Then I got back to Ottawa and I got AIM. And started talking to all you amazing people (ex, Jonah, Nate, Sarah, Ash, Erin... the list goes on... ) and you seemed to like me too. At first I was convinced you were faking it. Or that you only like me on AIM, because meybe, I was different person there. But I came to realize, that you guys actually thought I was a cool person. This completely blew my mind. Me being a cool person, is not what I usually got. I'm not going to list those things again. But when i realized you believed it, I started to believe it.

Maybe it was because I felt like you guys knew what you're talking about, because you're older. I don't know. But I really started to build up confidence. And Ash, you coming to me for advice made me feel like someone needed me. I know it scked for you, but it really made me feel better about me. Like someone thought I gave good advice. New concept for me. Everyone I knew last year had someone else to go to. It was never me (mia, Louise, Annie, if you're reading this, you can't deny it. Sorry, you just can't).

Joanh, when you stayed up for me when really neede to talk, I felt really happy that some one cared so much. I felt like I had finally found people who were really good friends.

Okay, I realize this is overly sappy, but I had to say it. And believe me, it was hard. But I had to thank you. All of you. So much. You'll never know how much. But just keep it up. I don't want to think of who I would be know if it weren't for all of you.

Oops! I almost forgot! Thank you Evan for my new nickname. I'm glad you think I am.

"A murder is just an extroverted suicide."

6 comments:

La belle fille said...

We love you Evie! We really do! And your advice helped me a lot. Just knowing that you were/are there for me helped/helps a lot. If you ever need anything, you can email me or call me or IM me. Love ya!! :-D

Marten said...

No problem, Evie, thats what family is for. I guess I'm not technically related to you, but I almost am, and you're my friend.

chopstick_gurl said...

I ditto everything Ash said.

And of course you're cool! DUH! You're part of OUR group! :P

Evey said...

YES! I have a group. I've always wanted to be in a group. Not like, THE group, like a popular one, but one wioth lots of nice people who like me. that what i got!
Yay!

Anonymous said...

It works!
Thanks Evie <3

-Lucy, your darling older sister.

Jonah Comstock said...

Evie, that's wonderful. I remember going through a similar situation when I first went to high school, and I'm glad I could be on the other side of it. You really are that wonderful a person. And Marten is defintely part of the family.