Tuesday, September 07, 2004

"I got new batteries so I'm even more loud and obnoxious now" (Ben Farrow let loose with a megaphone, the only good part of the BBQ)

Yeah, today sucked.

I stayed in bed until nine o'clock so that I could taunt Emma and Ellie with the fact that I was in bed while they were at school (my first day was 10:30 until 1:30). I walked over to Avery's house at 10:00 and we left right after that.

When we got to Lisgar, the place was teeming with people. The mall (as in, the sidewalk-ish thingy between the two buildings) was filled with grade nines. I know this because memebers of the school council were walking around with blue paint, painting everyone's grade on their faces. I escaped unpainted.

First, I went to the main hallway with Avery, who had signed up very recently, to find her TAP (aka, homeroom). I had gotten a call a few days before and heard waht TAP I was in. So I didn't check me. Just her.

Unfortunately, she didn't have a TAP yet. Not a big deal, she was going to go meet with one of the VPs after The Grade Nine Assembly. Which is where we headed off to.

We sat with some of my friends from Hopewell. I was extremely happy to find out I was in a class with the people I really liked. After the pointless assembly (lots of talking about the upcoming "JOLT" dance next Friday *rolls eyes*), I went to my TAP. While the teacher was handing out student Medical forms, she didnt have mine or another guy in my class. Our teacher told us to go to room 100, to do we didn't know what.

We went to room 100. No one there, except for a few lunch ladies cooking in the kitchen. We saw another Lisgarite (yes, Lisgarite) and she said we should go to the office.

So we walked upsatirs to the office. They told us to go to a classroom right near where we were on the first place (urgh). We walked in and saw...

Ms. Smith, the VP, and a small group of students including Avery. She then lectured us about not giving out our locker combos to friends (too late) and then told me and the other guy who had been with me all along, that we would go to our TAPs in the morning and get our lockers (which we didn't get yet) and schedules (no, no that either). We said OK, and went to the BBQ.

The BBQ consisted of gross hot dogs, cookies, watered-down juice, and stupid games, such as shave the long balloon with a plastic knife. Fun!

Everyone I knew left right away, except for Avery, whose mom was picking us up at 1:30. We were bored by 12:00.

We sat around for so long that Ms. Smith came over to us and said, "You can leave now, you know." By that point, we were the only ones left except for the student coucil members cleaning up.

We went home, and sometime in the afternoon (like, 2:30), Lisgar called my mom and told me I was in the wrong TAP. I was supposed to be in TAP 12, with all the people I was trying to avoid (think, Jacob, Emily...). My mom called the VP, to ask if I could stay in TAP 5. Except, that wouldn't work.

So, tomorrow I go to school, and I'm in a TAP and first period class with people who hate me. Joy.

Oh, well, at least I get to ride tomorrow!

"A murder is just an extroverted suicide."

4 comments:

Evey said...

yah you will... I'll do it!

Marten said...

is Lisgarite a name?

Evey said...

a Lisgarite is omeone who goes to Lisgar

Marten said...

Eve, you are not allowed to get on Blogger again until you are ready to post on pants.