Monday, April 30, 2007

What will make me say stay

You have heard lots about my love/hate relationship with my job over the course of this year and I wanted to make sure that I was clear on one point: despite the fact that my boss is a little wierd, and the kids sometimes don't listen and I'm forced to make them do more work than they need to and it's every day... it's still a pretty sweet job.

I realized this once again today at work. It's gotten to the point where my boss listens to me and actually trusts me. Today, she sent everyone and their brother in to my room to work with me and it went fine for about 20 min until suddenly everyone needed me at once. I ducked out for a minute and told my boss that I had too many people and she said "Ok" and fixed it. And then later I mentioned to her that all the kids needed reading books for their french reading they do every day and she immediately wrote an email aboutit to all the parents. That felt pretty cool.

Today we had an Insight Show at Greenbank which was so much fun, but a pretty bad show. Catharine as the Wizard of Oz walked into the scene at the wrong time and said "Hello Dorothy!" realized her mistake, and then said "I'll be back later." We couldn't stop laughing. During Time Warp, I'm supposed to be like Susan Sarandon's character in Rocky Horror (pre-sexual awakening) and Jon was the bf guy. I couldnt stop laughing through that scene, and to mask it I pretended to be overcome by all this talk of condoms and swooned into Jon with my face in his chest. But I was laughing my head off.

After the show, a bunch of us went to Venus Envy, since Jenn said she'd take us and it's only half a block from the PPO office. I was excited because I wanted to get the zine that a couple bloggers I read made. It was pretty much awesome. Any place that sells zines, erotica and vibrators while playing Tegan and Sara music that both the cashier and I sing along to and does all this across the street from a super uptight Bible store is cool by me. (Disclaimer: I like Bibles just fine, but not that store.) Also, all grammar nerds, feel free to fix the grammar of that last sentence.

No comments: