Tuesday, April 03, 2007

When the war came, the war came hard

Mrs Szeles: So, do ANY of you know your lines for the lines test today?

[pause]

Evey: I do...

Student: Evey, do you have to be an overachiever ALL the time?

That was a drama class exerpt, the class in which I am getting a 98%. Saves my chem grade, let's hope.

I have recently re-discovered the Decemberists and Bloc Party. If I'm not listening to one, I'm listening to the other. I'm bad with making playlists... so not much variety in what I listen to. Oh! Oh! Fun reader task. Post any cool playlists you have/playlists you think I may enjoy. Or else I'll get sick of these two groups and I will cry.

You know what's even better than a 4-day week? A 4-day weekend. Followed by a 4-day week. The result being I will get to see Aidan at least twice, damnit. Due to excess of homework on his part (don't get me started...) a no hanging out on weeknights rule has been instated. So I get to see him about once a week. But not on 4-day weekends! On 4-day weekend, you can do pretty much anything you want.

I love that freedom. The freedom to do whatever you feel like doing. Being spontaneous. Of course, this is something my mother doesn't believe in, or something. She has to know these things before I leave the house:

1) Where I'll be
2) Who I'll be with
3) How I'm getting there
4) What exactly will be happenning there (and if there's parental supervision)
5) When I'm coming home
6) How I'm getting home. (No bus or walk after dark)

Plus, I must have my cell phone with me, turned on, at all times. And I must answer it. No excuses. Today, I couldnt find my cell phone in time for leaving this morning, so I left it. I was 10 min late home from work due to a kid being picked up late and my mom freaked because she couldn't get a hold of me. You can see how this does not lend itself to spontenaity. I walked home on Friday night from Alex's in the Glebe, after dark. It was probably the most exciting thing I've done in a long time.

I'm such a lame teenager. I have got to get out more often.

*****

Further camp quote:
Lina, Evey and Ailish, all very tired.

Lina: I hate Avril Lavigne

Ailish: I'm so, so tired......

Evey: She should go to Japan.

Lina: Ailish?

Ailish: yes *asian smile with peace signs* one hundred percent!

1 comment:

Jonah Comstock said...

EVEY HORNBECK I MISS YOU!