Sunday, November 18, 2007

Only for good

I went out to a reading at Collected Works this evening, featuring a few very talented Ottawa authors. All you need to know is that I would gladly marry Ian Roy, and you should all bug Jennifer Whiteford to work on her next novel. Constantly. I want to read it.

Every time I go to a reading-type thing, I think about how much I'd love to do that. I mean, I'm not the most confident person, in terms of being confident in my writing, but to be in front of people like that, sharing your work with them, doing the banter thing... I love that. I had a little taste at coffehouse and loved it -- though not many people were watching or listening. But I enjoyed it. It didn't matter who was paying attention. It's like improv, but with more planning. Paradoxical, I know.

The other part of my evening was dinner and West Wing with Davis, who conveniently lives two blocks from Collected Works. Sounds like a good night to me.

No comments: