Tuesday, September 12, 2006

White Walk

This is just something I wrote. Last night at 1am online with Mcc. I wrote it and didn't edit it into oblivion. I like it, which is what is important, so I thought I'd post it. (PS: Don't mind the random changing persons. It's what I do.)

When she closes her eyes she can't see it, but she knows where to find it. Her lips part and she tastes it and feels it run up her arms, across the small of her back, holding her there. It feels like warmth; the kind of warmth that comes only once, but fills you so you don't notice it anymore, you just can't remember how you lived without it. It's the smallest thing that becomes everything, growing quietly, slowly opening up new parts showing you places that you never even knew you could feel. But you can.

Winds change. Warmth drains away and suddenly you're naked even though now your eyes are open and you've wrapped yourself in everything else. And no matter how hard you try, those new places stay empty; nothing will fill them, not even shadows. Your eyes are open and you don't know where to look anymore. You can't find it. It's left you alone in the long, cold white and all you can do is wrap yourself in it and walk.

1 comment:

Erin said...

I TOLD YOU YOU CAN WRITE, YOU SILLY GIRL! Excellent little fragment!