Friday, July 07, 2006

"Sleep looks like a mescaline sun"

Bluesfest 2006: Full Throttle.

No, I am not kidding. The theme actually is cars, hence "Full Throttle". Someone tell Levi, please.
So today I worked for the first time at Bluesfest. All week it has been pissing me off, annoying, good for nothing, only eats up my time and gets in the way of other things I want to do.
But then... I got there.
I was late (eek) Kirsten was waiting (eek again) and I had to wait in a huge line to sign in as a volunteer. I got my shirt and found Kirsten, and then it began. We started moving fast and didn't stop. We went to Frank, the bracelets guy (where you go to get the bracelets you are handing out) and then went to our post for our shift.
Our job was basically to take the tickets that people had bought, rip them, and afix the required bracelet to their arm. There were various tickets, Day tickets (paper bracelet) Festival tickets, student tickets etc. The way the festival works is the Day bracelet lets you into all the stages for all the various shows on them. The tickets are failry straightforward, EXCEPT for one thing: the tickets said FESTIVAL TICKET which would normally be one bracelet, but was somtimes a completely different one, and I'm pretty sure I messed that up at least once. BAD.

It was SO MUCH FUN. I didn't stop the whole time, which was amazing and I loved it. At one point, Kirsten and I were running out of bracelets so she left to get more from Frank and I was left alone with a HUGE line of people in from of me and I had only one day pass left. I was giving away my last one when Kirsten showed up. Good timing. All the people I was talking to in line about my frightening lack of bracelets were so nice and supportive and they were like "Don't blame yourself, it's not your fault." So nice.

I also saw Broken Social Scene with Kirsten, Matty, Heather, Cailtin and Jake (I know... Jake). I hadn't really heard them before, but it was such a good show. I really enjoyed it. There was this crazy punk couple in front of us. The girl looked like she was on something (we guessed e) and was dancing half a flail, half grinding with the guy she was with. We looked over later and she had lost her sweater. Then her pants. I'm not even kidding she was standing there in her underwear and tank top. WHAT?? She and the guy started making out, and then disappeared. Sket-chy. We saw them after, fully clothed.

I am so glad I stuck with Bluesfest. I'm having SO MUCH fun. I can't wait for next shift. Tomorrow at 1:30, follow by FEIST! yay.

"It's not my fault your foreplay is boring."

1 comment:

Erin said...

Hee! "Full throttle."