Thursday, March 03, 2005

"But Mr Martin, didn't you want the golfballs?"

W00T!!! JIMMY!!!

Last night, I went to the Canadian Improv Games, the Ottawa competition. Well, one night of it(with Avery and Colin). And might I say, Jimmy (lisgar's team) is awesome. I want to be them when I grow up!! It was mildly depressing that I doubt I will ever be good enough for Jimmy, but it was so much fun.

There were various games that each of the four teams that were competing that night had to play (character game, style game, theme game, story game) and Lisgar had the highest score in every single category. It was amzing. The way they worked together as a team, helping everyone keep the ideas going, adding on, it was like they were one person.

Okay, so here's how it worked: the three refs would announce which game was going to be played by which team, and then one member of the team would come up and introduce themselves. They would also ask for something form the audience. For example; Lisgar was doing the story game, and they asked the audience for an outrageous lie. The refs would run around, writing down the answers and then they would pick one for the team. Lisgar got in this case the lie: "It's true; I made up the saying 'It's not you, it's me'". They had the funniest story, and it worked so well.

Another awesome Lisgar moment, was when they did their style game, which is where the team picks a style with which to tell a story (ex: crime scene investigation show [we SO called ti Avery!!!]). Lisgar brought a keyboard and did a silent movie, about someone with a deadly food allergy. Ben Farrow is my hero, and wow is he good at improv piano.

At the end of the show, right before they announced the winner (they hadn't been telling us the scores all the way through), this one guy who helped organise the CIG (he was wearing a shirt that said "PANTS". Awesome, no?) got up and announced he was giving away a special, unnexpected prize. He asked for anyone in the audience named Jeff to stand up. We forced up (lisgar supporters as a group, anyway) our drama teacher Jeff Lawson (J.La) but unfortuinately, PANTS guy said that there were too many. He did this again with Sarahs. He then asked for Colins. So, Colin that I was sitting with stood up. "I need a Colin who likes to go to the library." All the Colins sat down, except the one near us, who kinda hestitated.

"You look hesitant," PANTS man said.

"I lost my card," Colin replied.

"Would this be it?" PANTS guy asked him, holding up his library card.

I will never let Colin hear the end of it.

Anyway, Lisgar is number one of ALL the nights going into the finals (no one thats competing tonight looks very good) even beating the arts school Cantebury!! Booyah! In ur face BOFA!! (Bofa is the Cantebury team, technically, it stands for Best Of Friends Always, but other schools have another way of translating the acronym...)

I'm SOO going to the finals on Saturday, and getting there so early, so the stupid Bofas can't steal the center block of seats. Avery and Josh you guys are coming. I don't care if tickets cost ten bucks, Josh you're coming.

One last note (I know this post is rather long): It has come to my attention, that a rumour has been circulating Glebe that I am dating a certain Josh O. I don't know who started it, but its a cause for much laughter at our school, for various reasons. I've actually been asked by people at Lisgar if we're dating, the most recently at the Improv games by this random guy I've never seen before. Oh no! Not the 'Josh and Evie make a cute couple" club again! *hides* (Shut up, Eva. You too Avery).

Send the nerds off to their own party with a pretty girl to give them awards.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What's wrong with the 'Evie and Josh Make A Cute Couple' club? It was the only place where I felt I belonged... *sniffles*