Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Boys are metals, girls are non-metals. Don't make Ionic bonds!"~Alan

Heehee. Alan is so right. We are so nerdy in my science class.

Yeah. We had a half day today, because of grade ten literacy testing. Again tomorrow.

Today we had period one and two, tomorrow 3 and 4. Science is period one. I had too many people's heads in my way for writing notes, so I moved and sat on the floor at the front.

I was bent over my notes, writing, when I heard someone say, "Evie! look out!". So I scooted back really fast. Good thing. The science teacher dropped a paper plate with nitrogen tri-iodide on it on me (notrogen tri-iodide is HIGHLY explosive.) It exploded right in front of me. I thought I was safe, but no. I had to scoot again because he dropped more. And again. Scary. Everyone laughed. It released a pink gas, which was yes, toxic. He found this hilarious.

Then we set fire to a string attached to a ballon filled with hydrogen. OMG. It dented the ceiling. It was very intense. WHen it exploded, it hit us with a wave of sound, or air, or I dont know. Something. Crainess.

Avery is the only one who cares, but I rode King today! Finally! I love him! So much! And I'm going to go to the huntleigh party dressed up... AS TOMMY! It was Nada's idea, which I perfect. I have to wear a sign that says I love Nada to repay her... ;)

"Cindy quick! Grab his electron!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Boys are metals, and girls are non-metals, but I don't mind making ionic bonds.
You forgot the proof of the theory:
Boys behave like metals even among them selves. With metallic bonding all the atoms are pulled together in a clump, like a rugby scrum.
Girls behave like non-metals. They bond very tightly in small groups, and can be extremely reactive (like NI3)
Tegan is a metalloid, but now she's gone :(

Signed - you who i am.