Monday, October 18, 2004

On day three, everyone was sad.

Last day of camp, and no one wanted it to end. I woke up before wake-up call again and went to the bathrooms to beat the rush. Kate, Ashlyn and Enoch were there already, washing their faces etc at the trough (like a giant, long sink with multiple faucets and mirrors in the middle). Ashlyn said, "I changed my underwaer and pants today!" Kate replied with a "Yay! Special day! Ashlyn changed her underwear!" I love Kate.

Breakfast was leftovers, and then we had free time. Then we cleaned the ENTIRE CAMP. Yeah. Fun. Only not. I was in the group that went around with a garbage bag and cleaned stuff up. There was some pretty wierd trash on the ground. Very gross.

Then more free time, as the builders had some sort of meeting. I have no clue what. The rest of us organised a huge game of Prom Date. The builders came backa nd were so happy they almost cried :P.

We would have kept playing, but we did warm and fuzzys then. Everyone gets a bag on a wall of the dining hall, and everyone writes nice things about you. You dont have to write to everyone in the camp, but you write to as many people as you can. I got some really nice ones. The one that made me the happiest, was one that was unsigned. I wish I knew who wrote it, but maybe its better to not know.

On teh way home, our bus followed the wrong bus and we got slightly lost, so we got back a little late. When I stepped off the bus, I felt so wierd. Everyone from leadership camp was milling around in their camp shirts, waving and saying hi. I saw all the people I hadn't seen for a couple days, and it was like, wow, it's really over. That was sad. It was such a special atmosphere. Everyone was accepting of everyone else (for the most part) and you always had your group. I have barely said hi to the people who were in my group, unless i did before. That's kind of sad. I miss it. Oh well. There's always next year.

Okay! onto current events.

My article is going to be on the cover of the Lisgarwrite! (Comstocks, you'll be getting a copy, courtesy of my mom :P). Mine and this story about these pro-life protesters at our school, and since they dont want to have pictures for that story, they might stage a 'lock-picking' and take pics for my story. I'm very happy.

"A murder is just an extroverted suicide."

3 comments:

Jonah Comstock said...

That's awesome, Evie! I can't wait.

chopstick_gurl said...

I wanna see it, too!!!

Anonymous said...

So what did the best note SAY? Inquiring minds want to know.
- Lucy