Saturday, October 16, 2004

"What do you say when you do something bad?" "Uh, My bad?" "Oh right, my bad." (Mr. Hum trying to be cool)

I was woken up on Day 2 Katie (the camper from before) nearly stepping on face. She was on her way to the "bathrooms". It was only 5 minutes before we were supposed to wake up, so I decided to go with her.

After I went to breakfast and my table was dead last to go get our food, and Enoch (who was right in front of me) took the last of the Honey Nut Cheerios. and all thatw as left were sesame seed bagels (I'm not so big on the sesame seeds) and orange slices.

Once breakfast was over, the girls had to go pack up ALL our stuff and lug it back across the field, becasue they were going to need the rec hall.

Then we had session #2. That was fun. For part of it, we had to be blindfolded and tied togeerre in a line, except for Josh, who guided us around the field. It was fun. He walked Arka into the bell. Confused the heck out of the other groups.

That session was about communication. The next one was about leadership (wow surprise, since we were at a leadership camp. We played 'the incredibly shrinking island' and 'light as a feather stiff as a board' (they did not succeed in lifting me, but they gave it a darn good try :P)

Then we had a giggle chain with the whole camp(which was highly pointless and uncomfortable as Enoch kept telling em to move my head over, so I ended up just holding it up mostly) and conveyer belt. Conveyer belt is where everyone lies on the group head to head, one person one wya another the toher way and they pass people along on their hands. In the history of the camp thye had never dropped anyone. Of course they dropped people. Including me. I got one foot and then they dropped me. w00t.

In the afternoon, we had another session that was the best! TRISK! (trust + risk) All sorts of fun games like trust falls but we weren't "allowed" to do that one ( what Mr Hum doesnt know wont hurt him...) but we didnt do that one anyway. We also did a stress thing, which was Ashlyn and Enoch being mean and trying to make us stressed. It worked. I got made fun of a lot because it worked so well on me :P. But it was ok, because they gave us foam swords! Our group was suddenly very popular...

The best part of the camp happenned after dinner. Enoch sngged the little room at one end of the rec hall for our group for us to do "polyadics". No clue what the word means, but it was everyone in the group just tlaked. We had questions, but we always went away from them on our own conversations. I really respect the people in my group much more, now that I know more about them. We made a pact that everything said in the room, stayed in the room. So we talked about what we really thought. It was great. We didnt have to pretend to be anyone. I t was so cool.

Then campfire. That was fun. The co-preses showed up and every group had a skit (ours sucked) and we had a blast. And then some.


"A murder is just an extroverted suicide."

2 comments:

Marten said...

heehee, "bathrooms"

Anonymous said...

yeah. 'bathrooms'.that is, uh, pretty funny.