Saturday, September 01, 2007

Summer dreams, ripped at the seams/ but oh...

This summer has been a very different summer. Usually I welcome the long lazy days of summer when I don't have to worry about homework or getting up or... anything, really. But summer was just so hot. So gasping for breath, drowning in sweat, feeling irritable and annoyed all the time HOT. Plus, I never ended up seeing any of my friends, and I missed people after two months with my (lovely) family. So when autumn showed up with its new clothes and new school supplies (I'll do homework in a pretty new notebook) and mid-teen daytime highs (celcius, y'all), I'd be like, "oh good friend, where have you been???"

But then this summer with its friends, its cooler temperature, its feeling of blissful teenage freedom... I would not trade this summer for anything. Especially not for waking up and doing homework. Not. Cool. At. All. Doesn't help that the stress is already up to my eyeballs.

Last night was such an example of my wonderful summer. Good friends, hanging out and when we get too tired, to the park down the street. For some reason, playgrounds are just as good when you're older.

So back to school? Umm... could I just get the clothes and the notebooks and stay home?

No comments: