Wednesday, September 05, 2007

We don't give you homework because we think you're bored at night.

I am already having such a hard time feeling motivated to work. Student's Council and Lisgarwrite are fine, I'm full speed ahead on those. Drama? Awesome. But then there's the hardcore french class and AP english. I'm actually incredibly worried right now. For some reason, I just can't get myself moving forward. These courses aren't motivating me, at all. Any advice?

I did manage to get myself motivated enough to bike down to Dave's Bike Dump on Catherine's to get my new bike tweaked (it's the emo bike; it whines as I bike along. Also, my kickstand was falling off). Kirsten was a big part of getting me to actually go. She bikes a lot and to her it was no big deal to just go there. I totally agree -- it's about a 10 minute bike ride to Dave's Bike Dump. However, I am unmotivated and used to ignoring problems until they go away. Sometimes they do, but more often than not, as I'm coming to learn, they do not. Sigh. Also, the guys down at Dave's Bike Dump are great. Really nice guys. As red-haired-braid guy said, "I get to bike and ski for a living. Sometimes I'm so fucking lucky, I can't believe how lucky I am... not going to get rich this way, but I have a fucking great life." You know, that sounds pretty good to me. I don't need to get rich and famous one day, I'd just like to have enough to get by and enjoy life, and enjoy doing it.

In other news, I just finished "The Birth House" by Ami McKay. I would like to pass this along to all of you who haven't read it. Erin, I especially think you should read it. And it takes place in Canada, eh?

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Evey, if you look at my friend David Scrimshaw's blog (linked on both my blogroll and Megan's) he has a bunch of tips for getting motivated about school etc. I especially like his technique for avoiding procrastination.

J.

Erin said...

Remind me again about the book in the summer. When I am allowed to have a life again. Sigh.