Friday, August 03, 2007

Feminist.

I'm a feminist, I don't bathe. Ever.
I'm a feminist, I burn bras in lieu of logs in my fire place.
I'm a feminist, I hate men.
I'm a feminist, I date a girl and,
I'm a feminist, so I don't call my partner my girlfriend.
I'm a feminist, I would rather die than settle down and have a family.
I'm a feminist, I always have dirt under my fingernails
I'm a feminist, the only hair I shave is the hair on my head.
I'm a feminist, I pierce everything that can be pierced.
I'm a feminist, I wear lots of leather.
I'm a feminist, I listen to loud, angry music.
I'm a feminist, I heart Rosie O'Donnell.
I'm a feminist, when I'm not barefoot, I'm wearing my Birkenstocks.
I'm a feminist, I refuse to wear a dress.
I'm a feminist, I only eat the vegetables I grow in my backyard.
I'm a feminist, I don't wear deoderant.
I'm a feminist, I care about equal rights for men and women, and I think women are kickass.

Call me crazy. Some of those things are true, some are stereotypes that aren't true of me, but they are of some people. Who cares? Whatever form it takes, feminism rocks. No matter what some teeny boppers think (*ahem Hilary Duff*)

No comments: