Thursday, November 30, 2006

Lloyd, I'm ready to be heartbroken

EVER.

So today, on my way to class from Orchestra, Sarah Mackenzie reminded me about our Studco exec (Student's Council Executive) photo at lunch. Which was awesome, because we were going to take it on the roof of our school. Where no one goes.

So I went to the main hall at lunch, and all together exec went up to the roof, led by none other that everyone's FAVOURITE (hah) principal, Mrs Gledhill. We went up allllll the stairs, and through the locked door at the top of the fourth floor landing and up some more stairs until we got to a very Harry-Potteresque door that was half the size of a normal door. Mrs Gledhill unlocked it and we all went out onto the roof.

It was so cool. The view was so nice (I love cityscapes), with the Parliament buildings in the distance and all the other Ottawa things. There was this little tower on the roof of Lisgar that we all wanted to go see, but we weren't allowed.

But then after our picture Gledhill was like, "Now I'll show you guys around the 4th floor." So we were like "COOL!". So we went in, climbing over the old art projects and Singer sewing machines and got inside. And we saw the drywall walls COVERED with writing. All over the place. All these windy old wood bits and old brick and then the new drywall bits put in around the heating stuff and such. Exec from a couple years ago signed a wall with a list of their names and positions. And tons of other people too, random ones, had signed all over the place, a lot were super random, like "how did they get up here?"

Someone signed on wall with "First time Conservatives and Republicans in powers at the same time in (x) years: Mulroney + Bush" And we added on underneath that "And then again in 2006 -- Harper and W. Bush"

So then Ben pulls out sharpies and Gledhill and the other teachers supervise us signing all over the walls. Not just our exec, but the grads took a wall, I signed with Josh O, I left a message that I hope someone gets later (no promises, but we'll see) and message to the universe, just so someone remembers it. Sees it maybe, years from now, and wonders about the story.

I was one of those moments that I knew I wanted to remember for the rest of my life. Like this is a memory, right here. Pretty awesome.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Oh my goodness, that is so cool!