Monday, April 04, 2005

The Return of Death Eric

My dad is back form England! NO his name is not Eric.

My dad has these friends who live in England, so he hardly ever gets to see them. One couple are both writers (grammar check!) and they write children's books and adult's books. In case you've heard of them, they are Sam Llewellyn and Karen Wallace. I have been waiting for ages for someone to say to me "Hey, have you read this book by [Karen Wallace/Sam Llewellyn]?" and I could go "Actually..." But such an occaision has not so far arisen.

Anyway, my dad brought us books form them, signed copies and one is a copy of a book that won't be out for a few more weeks, and it's just a copy they send to reviewers. The book is called "The Return of Death Eric" and it's about this guy named Eric Thrashmettle and his rock band (think Ozzy Osbourne) and they break up. Eric's kids realize that they are going broke, and force their dad and his band back onto the road. My dad read it already and says it's hilarious, filled with all those awesome brit words and apparently Eric goes around walking into walls and and saying "Oh, sorry man" when he does. Brilliant.

Anyway, he's back, and brought me Brit ELLEGirl too! It had an awesome free belt! I will wear it to school tomorrow.

Speaking of school, I jsut finished up an anti-bullying training course so that me and a few other girls from VOICES will be making a presentation on bullying and stopping it to take to the feeder schools. I will get many volunteer hours for this, so I am very happy. Also, I will be helping the kids, which is even more important, because bullying bites.

Finally, HEALTHY LIVING WEEK is next week! An entire week run by VOICES to promote living healthier lives. Here is the schedule:

Monday: “Health is…” Day. Free fruit! We'll be handing out fruit at lunch, as well as selling buttons and necklaces (Avery and I will be selling that day)

Tuesday: Self Awareness Day. We're going to cover the mirrors in the changerooms and again sell buttons and necklaces.

Wednesday: “Beauty is…” Day. We're going to encourage everyone to wear sweats and no make-up, and Josh and I will be selling the buttons (and necklaces).

Thursday: “Expectations” There will be a garbage can set up at lunch with "Not Real" on it and people can throw pictures of "fake" beauty in it, like pics form magazines. There will also be lollipops with inpirational quotes written on them being handed out. Also... BUTTONS AND NECKLACES! :P (Avery and Alanna this time!)

Friday: “Changes” Not much happens friday, we're still figuring out more to do this day.

Oh! Oh! PS! Best news for last! I might be starting a new blog with a BRIT! Yes! The daughter of my dad's friends! (not the writers). Nothing final yet, but fingers crossed! It would be SO awesome!

Send the nerds off to their own party with a pretty girl to give them awards.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hiya there! cool BRITISH FOLK! you are very overly involved in volunteering. which is a good thing! :OP anyways, i am absolutely bo-to-the-red.byby then!
alexa