Tuesday, July 03, 2007

My moon and me, not as good as we've been/ it's the dirtiest clean I know

Today I found the cure to my summer boredom/lack of motivation and it was a fridge. Actually, I was assigned the job of cleaning out the inside of my fridge (my mom bought me a lovely, sweatshop-free, black skirt in exchange for some hard labour).

It was a slow start. I've been putting it off and putting it off for about a week now. But today, overcome by boredom and a complete lack of motivation to leave my house to do anything else productive (prepare my proposal for Lisgarwrite, go for a walk) I finally gave in an bit the bullet.

I'm not going to lie. It was 3 hours of hard work. I had to empty each shelf of my fridge, pull the shelf out, put it in the soapy water in the sink, let it soak, clean it, put it back, reorganise the shelf, take everything out again and clean the walls... and repeat. Over and over.

But you know what? It gave me a goal. A purpose. No longer was I bored Evey, sitting on the couch watching bad, bad TV all day. I was Evey With A Purpose, and it felt good.

In other news, in a display of complete last minute-ness I have finally decided I need to see some of the bluesfest. I finally actually wrote down all the bands I was interested in seeing, and there were lots! I think I'm going to have to spend more money (sigh). Perhaps I will convince my parents to pay for the new bike.

No comments: