Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Jenk, Jank, Janky

Family vacations are a funny thing. For instance, usually, they come at exactly the wrong time for me. This year is no exception, but last year is the example I will use in which I went away right at the time when my relationship was falling apart. Mike and I subsequently broke up.

The other thing about family vacations is that, as evidenced by popular belief, you have to spend it with you family. This is a problem. The only member of my family I really spend a ton of time with ever is my mom. My dad is always at work/napping/reading, but we still get some good hang out time. But not always, constantly, which is good. And with my sister and I, the less we hang out, the better we get along, it seems. But we're going to the same high school next year so we'll see how that goes...

Anyway, I have already moved on to phase 2 of my vacation, phase 1 not having been a huge success. Visiting my aunt and cousin was ok, but that house is a big box of drama ALL THE TIME. Very stressful, lots of crying. And today we drove to Indianapolis where I am now, sitting on the floor of my cousin Jonah's room (yess laptop) while he serenades me with Ben Folds songs on his guitar. I will go join in on this now.

No comments: