Sunday, February 11, 2007

All is fair

This weekend feels sooo long. I can't believe I have to go
back to school tomorrow. Thursday, I had an Insight Theater show and ended up missing the whole day, ie, skipping the afternoon. Which was nice. I went to the Clothes Secret and helped my mom re-do the windows.


That night was the semi formal. I had no choice but to go, since I'm on Studco exec. I had to help clean up the balloons and draped fabric (duct taped to the bleachers, but we had to "be careful" and "not rip the fabric".). I was feeling pretty apprehensive, since my freinds are pretty well all attached, and those who weren't, seemed to have dates. Also, I had nothing to wear.


I started getting more excited when Lorien invited me over to her house to get ready for the dance. I love the whole, hanging out with girl friends, putting on make-up, getting pretty.

I also found a dress (I think I love this dress, but it sometimes makes me look wide. At least in the photos of the dance. Which I hate.)

Then I discovered that not only would Mike be at Lorien's, but so would Cotrut, Lachlan and Nick. I was kind of happy I'd get to see Nick, but all kinds of awkward would come from a) being around Mike and b) being around Nick around Mike. It was all fine. I had fun with the girls, bugging Mike (he was short-tempered that day, which was fun. Ok, so I'm mean. But so what?) and playing footsie with Nick, under the table, sitting across from Mike. I felt very tricky.

The dance itself was full of drama. Avery ditched Hashem early on and kept bad mouthing him to various people, I got stuck between dancing with Hashem and Michal and everyone was grabbing everyone else's asses. Not in our group, the group that started dancing long before everyone else and got judging looks because of it, but in the large orgy in the middle of the room.

The next day was skiing for Erika's birthday party, which was SO MUCH FUN. There was fresh snow and I had tons of fun skiing. Avery of course had to show off the whole day, and I never got to ski with Geoff, but I learned how to "waltz" down the hill. If you haven't tried it, you should. So much fun. We went back to Erika's (after a detour to get gas, pick up Lorien's dad, drop him off and wait at a green light due to excessive sunlight. "It's red. I swear it's red!")

Erika has a huge home theater in her basement so we watched Chocolat. The singles decided we'd comandeer the front couch, so I got to snuggle in between Michal and Geoff. Movies are one of those things where you can cuddle up with whoever, and no one cares.

I love being a teenager. So much drama.

Credit to Hashem for the pictures.

So my advice to you is: next time you have to go to the DMV, you'd better bring along your wings.

1 comment:

Jonah Comstock said...

shouldn't it be with whomever?

Call me sometime, we need to catch up. (Not that there's much of anything new with me.)