Monday, March 12, 2007

I had the wierdest dream the other night.

I dreamt that it was about two weeks ago, I think. What happenned is that this guy who goes to my school, who I've barely talked to since grade school, was coming over for dinner, because apparently we were thinking about dating. I said to Davis "I'm just going to see how things go... I mean, I like Aidan, but we'll see how this goes."

So this guy came over and kept saying things about my house like "Oh, I don't like this." or "This isn't very good." and he had all kinds of problems with the food I served. At the end of it he said "If we're going to date, a lot of things are going to have to change."

That's when Aidan showed up and I felt so happy and I knew at that moment that I didn't give a shit about this other guy, I was crazy about Aidan. He apparently didn't care about my trial run with this other guy and we went off together, while I felt blissfully happy.

Ok, here's my self analysis: I am somewhat stressed about how different Aidan and I are, in some ways. He is a vegetarian, and I am not, which stresses me out. Is it ok for me to eat, like, a hamburger when I'm with him? Will he care? Will he kiss me if I've eaten meat? What if I brush my teeth? Yes, I do overthink. Also, Aidan spends substantial amounts of time on homework (2 hours a night only on latin!) and I almost never do homework, unless it's a project. The first week we were dating, we spent a total of about 3 hours on the phone over 2 nights. Three hours he didn't spend on homework. I'm afraid that could eventually piss his parents off...

So my theory is that in my dream, I'm thinking about how none of the problems matter when I'm with Aidan because me makes me happy. The whole, random guy from my childhood showing up? I have no clue. Your guess is as good as mine. Theories?

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

As a vegetarian who has dated both meat eaters and vegetarians, I have to say that yes, it is a lot nicer if the person you are kissing has not been recently eating flesh. But really what is nice is if someone asks me if I mind and in what situations do I mind if they eat meat and then abides by my preferences. You're a mannerly girl, Evey, you'll be fine!

J.

Jonah Comstock said...

I think its entirely possible that both guys represent Aiden in the dream - the first one represents your fears about the relationship and Aiden represents your confidences.