Wednesday, February 08, 2006

"I'm beautiful when I'm spelled right?"

You know what's stupid?
I am sitting at my computer listening to Cat Powers, trying to bring myself to do the EXACT SAME PROJECT as I did in history, only this time, it's for Civics.
The only reason I can't reuse the old project? (Besides the lame plagarism thing) History is in french and Civics is in English. Lame. Even more so since starting next year they will offer 9 courses in french, including Civics and Careers. That's right. One more year and I wouldn't have had SEIERS (evil, old bitch teacher from hell). Urgh. Unfair.
So it seems as though next year I will be taking 2 AP courses: AP French and AP Writer's Craft. AP Writer's Craft is AMAZING. It's a course, taught by the most awesome of awesome teachers, the Hodge, and it's a course designed to make you a better writer and give you and develop a voice. I really really really really want to take this course.
The problem: this course is INTENSE. Lots of writing and lots of reading every week. I really want to be a beter writer, and Mr Hodgson said I should take the course, but I'm afraid I'm not a good enough a writer for it. I'm afraid I'll be completely lost.
More later on: the 4 day wait in the cold to get into my school.

3 comments:

Jonah Comstock said...

Take the course - work isn't as hard when it's fun. Also, why not jyust run the essay through an online translator and then fix all the errors. Probably faster then starting from scratch.

Evey said...

I'm afraid it'll be too much though... That I won't be able to keep up.
Yeah, it isn't an essay. It's drawing and analysing a friggin caricature, on a slightly different subject.

Magpie said...

Yay for AP Writer's Craft, Evie! We can slowly die under an enourmous pile of essays and 'War and Peace' together! What else are planning on taking?